Regulator Banner Image

Go Back   Southwest Regulators Forums > News & Updates > Upcoming Events
Navigation Donate! Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 20th November 2019, 22:02
First Sergeant, SW Regulator

Gallery: 0
SnakeEater - Texas

* GIZMO * Sergeant-Southwest Regulators * Operator Strike Force * American Badass *
* Surprise, speed, violence of action ... want to play a game? *

SW REGULATORS Proudly Sponsored by LAPCO, Military Assault Gear and Tiberius Arms
Old 20th November 2019, 22:05
First Sergeant, SW Regulator

Gallery: 0
Aar

After Action Report - Operation: SnakeEater: ObliVIon
Date(s): 9-10 November 2019
Attended by: Joker, Mage, Gizmo, Carb, GMAN, Zenmic, HardMac Attached: Angel
Submitted by: Sgt. Gizmo
Day 1 – Our CP for the first day was located as far away from the resupply as you could get. It was on the southern end of the field, where there was also the densest forested parts of the field. Travel during the break out was limited to well-worn trails unless you wanted to brave the thorns and needles. My primary task was to function as one of two comms officers to relay the missions and control my immediate battlespace. My secondary task was to retain and raise flags (can be lowered when the points have been confirmed by a ref) at an appointed flag station on the top of each hour. Failure to do so meant we would not score 250 points for each flag raised. It was critical not get a flag taken because you had zero chance of getting points unless you captured said flag back. Each team had 3 flags, I had Flag 1.
At zero hour I proceeded to take a strike group to capture, if needed, occupy and raise the flag at a spot on the creek named Charlie 2. We took the spot and as Mayhem from The Archangels raised the flag, I noticed 6 plus 1 Regulators take positions on the right flank, which soon became the front line. There were battle there for the next hour and we succeeded in raising another flag. I then returned to the CP and got orders to extend the battle line to a spot called the Shooting Range. It was a tall berm for a backstop for a range. The flagpole was on top of the 15 foot berm. We succeeded in repelling and raising the flag a few times. The afternoon got wild. At 1500 hours there was a battle where we knew they were going to attack right before we raised the flag. We used an Alamo tactic and brought everyone into the perimeter of the berm and slugged it out just before the flag was raised. Most of the other sites flags got raised every hour but it seemed we always had a fight on our hands when we tried to raise ours on the Shooting Range. At 1600 hours, all was quiet when I raised the flag but as I got up top to lower it we took contact and I took a head shot. I just dropped the flag as they rushed the hill as I thought I was supposed to. But the rule was if you had possession of the flag it is equipment and cannot be taken but I did not read the rules correctly. I knew if they got the flag we were FUBAR. So, as I raised my hands, I sat down on the slope where I dropped the flag and used my ass to buy it in the loose dirt. They came over and told me if I had the flag I had to give it to them, which was false. I told them the truth, that I had dropped the flag. We did score the points and kept the flag from them, which would be key for the last flag raising. As we tagged back in, we went back and drove them off the berm and I found the flag. For the 1700 defense I had Zenmic and Mage on the berm with me along with a couple of other guys. At 1658 I started to raise the flag but only got it halfway up before I took a sniper shot to the head. The defense sprang into action with Zen and Mage laying support fire into the opposing attack which broke them fast. The flag was raised at 1659 which I took a picture of. Those points along with the 2 others that were raised at 1700 put us in the lead on the first days ending.
Day 2 – Day 2 CP was a much better situation for us and a good strategical decision by Lobo to take it the second day. I retained my primary task of comms in my area for Day 2 and my secondary task was to occupy and hold a town called The Post. The Post was 50 yards from our CP front door so it was critical to hold. There was a flag station there that I was tasked with also. We had broken into the Post the day before and captured two of the flags they tried to raise so it was a hotspot. We started out and set up a defense in the town with a couple of spotters in the buildings. As I started to raise the first flag of the day, I took a shot from behind. Apparently, a blue player took his tape off and walked in behind us and took the flag. Cheaters but they got away with it because it’s a he said he said. So right off the bat we have only two flags for the rest of the day and it cut out lead in half. After returning to the CP, Lobo gave me another flag and told me “if you lose this one we are fucked”. I went back into the Post and set up new Rules of Engagement. Shoot anyone without tape, shoot anyone standing around after you shoot them, and shoot anyone that is walking on the wrong side of the road especially if their hand is not up. I then posted the Regulators in the center of the defensive line. The Samurai were to the left, I had snipers in the trees along the road. Arizona SAS held the right flank. We succeeded in raising the flags without many issues after that. We did enable a push into the Training Grounds to complete a mission regarding plutonium rods. I was given the second flag to raise at the station called Comms Array and since we had a good position ahead of it, I dispatched Arizona SAS to raise the flag there for the final two. At this point we had taken a lead of about 400 points.
FINAL BATTLE-The final battle was worth 800 if successful. We started at our CP their CP moved up to the training Grounds. The flag was placed in the center of the Post and the task was to get to the flag and raise it on the opposing pole. 45 minutes with the last 15 no medic/no respawn. At the outset we had a much better push with the shields. Once we cleared the windows shooting down on us, the shields could move up and get the flag. With about 10 minutes left, we got the flag pushed out to the left flank and started into their territory. As we swarmed into the Training Grounds they took more casualties and were finally beaten back far enough to where the remaining Tribal Alliance players circled the flagpole and did the Iraqi Shoot into the air celebration. My video of the flag raise is timestamped at 1356 ... four minutes before end of game.
Moment of the weekend – During the fight for the Post, the Regs were in the middle and there were a few Samurai on the balcony to their left. One of the Akimbo Assassins whom some of us know well, came charging in, guns blazing around the corner and got lit the fuck up. Naturally when 9 guys fire three shot bursts at you many of those are going to hot. He did not take it well and started to get angry and yelling. S, the leader I am, I go in trying to calm him down and he gets in my face asking me if I know who he is. I was like “uh, yea, that’s a Raider Joe move”. In about 2 seconds HardMac was over my shoulder ready to squash Joe and I am trying, with limited success, to keep him at bay. Then the refs come running over and I assure everyone everything is okay and I will handle it. But ya gotta love it that HM comes flying in screaming “That’s my Top, get off my Top!!” It was beautiful.
Another beautiful thing was how the Regulators responded when it counted. Always online, always on point and always battling, you proved we are back.

* GIZMO * Sergeant-Southwest Regulators * Operator Strike Force * American Badass *
* Surprise, speed, violence of action ... want to play a game? *

SW REGULATORS Proudly Sponsored by LAPCO, Military Assault Gear and Tiberius Arms
Old 29th November 2019, 21:32
REG CMDR

Gallery: 365
The final push finally began the momentum. The REGz where the front line troops. We push from the perimeter through the treeline and came up to a wide-open Kill Zone. I yelled "Lets John Wayne This Shit, Go GO" I ran headlong into the field to draw fire. I made it all the way out to 80-100yrd. I turn around and all the regs had the perimeter secured while the rest of the entire Red Side follow in and began rejoicing over the victory!

cuz REGULATORS

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and fast is deadly
SW REGULATORS Proudly Sponsored by LAPCO, Military Assault Gear