Regulator Banner Image

Go Back   Southwest Regulators Forums > News & Updates > Paintball News
Navigation Donate! Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 4th May 2016, 16:24
REG CMDR

Gallery: 365
In the NEWs: Cossio Ins, REGZ and FSR apr16

http://paintballtech.net/2016/04/cos...-for-feedback/

"The part of the email that I’m most curious about is the fact that they have had several insurance claims regarding First Strike rounds. Knowing how fast information spreads throughout the paintball community any serious injuries would be like wildfire. Instead a cursory good search for “First Strike injuries” the most prominent result is a forum post at SouthWest Regulators paintball team forums complete with a few pictures of the injury. Mostly, though, it talks about welts worse than a regular paintball and urging caution and no close combat with FSR’s."

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and fast is deadly
SW REGULATORS Proudly Sponsored by LAPCO, Military Assault Gear
Old 4th May 2016, 19:41
Captain, XO - SW Regulators

Gallery: 702
Send a message via Yahoo to DeeLux
Wow, Greyhounds post is gonna be famous!

* Capt. DeeLux XO * SW Regulators * Operator Strike Force * UMS Guerrilla Operative *

SW REGULATORS Proudly Sponsored by LAPCO, Military Assault Gear and Tiberius Arms
Old 5th May 2016, 13:00
Lieutenant-S.W.Regulators

Gallery: 13
Send a message via ICQ to zenmic Send a message via AIM to zenmic Send a message via MSN to zenmic Send a message via Yahoo to zenmic Send a message via Skype™ to zenmic
From the want to use First Strike camp, it appears that Cossio is digging up dirt to prove that they are right and that fields should ban First Strikes, especially if they want Cossio field insurance. I have not been keeping an eye on this, but I think Cossio is also trying to push a more premium insurance (more expensive) for First Strike rounds.

SW REGULATORS Proudly Sponsored by LAPCO, Military Assault Gear and Tiberius Arms
Old 6th May 2016, 10:39
Sergeant- Chaplin - SW Regulator

Gallery: 13
Send a message via ICQ to GMAN Send a message via Yahoo to GMAN
Greyhounds FS injury post is literally the ONLY source reference they use (at least in this article) to make their case against FS use. Way to go bud!!

" [1] I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. [2] He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and the mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. [3] He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear the Lord and put their trust in Him."

PSALM 40:1-3
Old 6th May 2016, 11:40
Lieutenant, SW Regulator

Gallery: 101
I was just sayin'

They are pretty scary at close up. We were at one of your MAG games at HSP, and one guy got bunkered in a pill box with a FSR, and it split his knuckles open.

It just doesn't seem worth it to me.

Rib_2015-05Rib_2014-09Rib_2015-05Rib_2014-09
Old 6th May 2016, 13:36
First Sergeant, SW Regulator

Gallery: 0
Any magfed game worth it's salt will have FSR's now. The guys are pretty good at knowing when and where to use them. We all chrono with them so the speed is minimized but again, if you have anything exposed, it's gonna hurt for awhile. But I've had the same injuries with round ball. I entered a room in Fallujah a couple of weeks ago that was occupied by snipers (yea, I'm THAT sneaky) and rolled up on them. I had round ball and they got ambushed but they both got a shot out and one hit me with an FS round just under the armpit. I spend more on FSR's during a magfed game now than I do buying round ball for my hopper. And I use way less. overall the FS round is safe when used properly but as in all paintball, it's gonna leave a mark.

* GIZMO * Sergeant-Southwest Regulators * Operator Strike Force * American Badass *
* Surprise, speed, violence of action ... want to play a game? *

Old 7th May 2016, 00:02
S SGT

Gallery: 24
I hope the name doesn't become infamous.