Regulator Banner Image

Go Back   Southwest Regulators Forums > The Regulators Lounge > Tech Talk
Navigation Donate! Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 22nd January 2009, 08:48
S SGT

Gallery: 24
G man sorry to be the bearer of bad news all PS3 manufatured after i think sept 08, mine is after the date you can not i repeat YOU CAN'T play old PS and PS2 game. I was so pissed off that i can not play my older socom game.
Old 22nd January 2009, 10:36

Gallery: 0
Send a message via ICQ to Paladin Send a message via MSN to Paladin Send a message via Yahoo to Paladin Send a message via Skype™ to Paladin
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeLux View Post
Watch all the movies you like with your PS3, cause that's all it's good for.

I'll enjoy my vast library of AAA gamea and steaming HD movies through xbox Live.

We'll be just fine

Wake me up when the PS3 actually has a decent game!
you know the ps3 streams hd movies as well right? just wanted to make sure you knew that.

and it streams them both from the playstation store(which has a great selection of movies and tv shows, for both purchase and rental) and from anything on your network right out of the box(i torrent my movies).

if there is one thing the ps3 is the absolute best at, it is the best multimedia unit being sold. network ready bluray(for upcoming updates that may make old bd players obsolete), browser you can stream from, fully capable audio and video players that can stream from any network source, and a store that is loaded with movies(SD and HD), games, and other crap.

the games will come.. notably, god of war 3. xbox will never have mlb the show either, which is the best baseball game(being a baseball fan that makes me happy, but i know you guys want to circlejerk over halo instead!). the best games for ps2 and psx didnt come till quite a few years into the product cycle. also, the systems share something like 90+% of the same games, so what you use it for makes up a big portion of which to buy

Old 22nd January 2009, 11:31
Sergeant - SW Regulator

Big flying F (FAIL) to console! LoL! But seriously, consoles are just playing catch up to the PC. I have a blu-ray drive after the price on a drive went down to an affordable $150-200.

Both have their perks,

PC: ability to Pronify in a click, upgradeable hardware, MS Word, games, do work, Research, Forum Regulate, watch movies, burn CD/DVD, Piracy, etc......
PC is a bit expensive for top notch performance, requires those with a higher IQ, upkeep to keep the PC working good, and need some technical know-how. FUCK Apple, I said PC damnit.
So what if I can't emulate jerking off with the WII controller or play games that the PSX/2/3, XboX /360 can play. I can do multiple things with my PC, not to mention using the mouse and keyboard which is better IMHO than a controller. Also the Mouse and joystick combination work well in certain occasions....ha.

Console: games w/wo online, stream media, did I mention games?
Console is good for those strapped for cash and is user friendly and want all the games without the setup and technical know-how for the PC.

SW REGULATORS Proudly Sponsored by LAPCO, Military Assault Gear and Tiberius Arms

“..barrel tag!.....but it’s me, LITO....”

Mage: “..who volunteers to take point?....(Lito points to Wolfian)
Lito, you just volunteered.”

“Veni, Vidi, Vici”
Gaius Julius Caesar

Last edited by L I T O : 22nd January 2009 at 11:41.
Old 22nd January 2009, 13:34
Captain, XO - SW Regulators

Gallery: 702
Send a message via Yahoo to DeeLux
and the 3rd faction comes in with a devistating blow!

Too bad true gaming is done on the comfort of my couch with "real" surround sound speakers system and a LARGE screen.

controller > m/kb

* Capt. DeeLux XO * SW Regulators * Operator Strike Force * UMS Guerrilla Operative *

SW REGULATORS Proudly Sponsored by LAPCO, Military Assault Gear and Tiberius Arms
Old 22nd January 2009, 15:06

Send a message via ICQ to Paladin Send a message via MSN to Paladin Send a message via Yahoo to Paladin Send a message via Skype™ to Paladin
Quote:
and the 3rd faction comes in with a devistating blow!

Too bad true gaming is done on the comfort of my couch with "real" surround sound speakers system and a LARGE screen.

controller > m/kb
im in the pro-pc gaming arena, especially in fps's(partially why i favor the ps3)

screen size only matters at the distance you are viewing from

and i have a THX certified speaker system setup(approx 500watt, DD/DTS/Pro Logic/etc) thats as real as any other system setup through a receiver. sure its not a multithousand dollar setup, but it does as well or better than most setups ive seen people have

and analog controllers/dpad's have an inherent deadzone that prevents them from ever competing with the precision of a mouse, which is why fps gaming on pc's is that much better.

its too bad we cant play l4d/tf2 between pc and xbox, because it would be fun to demonstrate the full scale ownage. really the only reason id consider an xbox is to play with you guys, and thats the only downside of the ps3 at this point. less people i care to play with own a ps3 than an xbox, but my pc makes up for that

Old 22nd January 2009, 15:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
im in the pro-pc gaming arena, especially in fps's(partially why i favor the ps3)
Sorry, I had to stop reading right after the first sentance.
PS3 for FPS?

It is well known that the reason to own a 360 is for FPS.
PS3 for JRPG

So you play in MLG tournaments?

No problem with dead zones with 360 analog's and d-pads haven't been used (as a move/look) in gaming since the NES.

* Capt. DeeLux XO * SW Regulators * Operator Strike Force * UMS Guerrilla Operative *

Old 22nd January 2009, 17:13

Quote:
Sorry, I had to stop reading right after the first sentance.
PS3 for FPS?

It is well known that the reason to own a 360 is for FPS.
PS3 for JRPG

So you play in MLG tournaments?

No problem with dead zones with 360 analog's and d-pads haven't been used (as a move/look) in gaming since the NES.
no, i play pc shooters.. and the ps3 has the selection of non-shooters that i want to play, which makes it my console of choice.

Old 23rd January 2009, 20:55
Sergeant - SW Regulator

Well I would like to say first off that I want to know what a JRPG is. I have never heard it before.

Second of all. I hate everything. PS3 has yet to release a game that has made me wanna buy it. Plus it doesn't have anything other than blueray that anyone who plays games is interested in.

On the flipside...Xbox 360 has too many technical problems. The Xbox loads data and won't clear it until the system is shut down. A side effect is that the laser reading the disc gets to antsy and it scratches your disc. ( looked this up after gears 2 came out this way, pissed me off.) Another problem is that if you don't constantly keep the thing clean, eventually you will get the red ring of death.

And as for PC and mac...

I hate PCs because they are soooooo slow and take so much crap to make them run smoothly. But they are compatable with everything....so thats and insentive to buy them.

Macs on the other hand I have had very little problems. Also they are quite fast. On the down side, they don't have compatability because apple wants you to be assimilated and not be able to play games on their system. They are evil bastards.

So thats my two sense. As I see it, there is yet a technology that is better than the other, because everything has soooo much shit wrong with it that you'd need to get into the nitty gritty to figure out which is worse. So when there is something that will be compatable with every game, work with every system and allowed playing with other systems of a different console/computer, then I will say that there is nothing wrong with it and defend it to the death. Nothings better than an unlimited amount of playage with no limits.

* Sgt. WolfIan * SW Regulators * A5OG Special Forces *
"Did someone call for a bad idea?"
Old 24th January 2009, 01:39

jrpg is jap rpg, like final fantasy. opposed to action rpg's like bioshock

Old 24th January 2009, 02:06

Well, JRPG (Japanese Role Playing Game) as apposed to (american) RPG's like Morrowind/Oblivion, Neverwinter nights and Fallout.

I wouldn't refer to Bioshock as any kind of RPG (only weapons and powers are modifed, no stat upgrades (i.e. levels) or inventory to manage.