Southwest Regulators Forums

Southwest Regulators Forums (http://www.southwestregulators.com/forums/index.php)
-   MagFed (http://www.southwestregulators.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Esstac Boar Chest Rig, Boar A1 (Split Front) - SKDTactical.com (http://www.southwestregulators.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2088)

DeeLux 22nd January 2015 13:09

Esstac Boar Chest Rig, Boar A1 (Split Front) - SKDTactical.com

SKDTAC.com

This is the Chest Rig I had bought (6 months ago...) specifically for the T15 since the mags are 1:1 scale with 5.56/M4.

It comes with the KYWI (KYdex Wedge Insert) retention system in the integrated Mag pouches.

Quote:

Esstac Chest Rig, Boar A1 (Split Front)

The Esstac Boar holds up to 8 M4 magazines internally, with or without Magpuls. These integral mag pockets have open bottoms so sand, dirt or water drains immediately. Great for operations ranging from amphibious to mounted and urban. 20 PALS channels to mount your other pouches. Side-release buckles at all strap attachment points for easy on/off. If the Boar is too much chest rig, the Bush Boar has 2 fewer M4 pouches, and a total of 16 PALS channels, and the Trim Bush is even smaller.

One of the most innovative features of the Boar system is that the integral mag pouches can be removed and swapped out for a different configuration or weapon system. This makes the Boar the only chest rig that is truly a system and more versatile than any other rig on the market. All Esstac Boar Series Chest Rig Back Panels now come standard with the overwhelmingly popular KYWI (KYdex Wedge Insert) retention system. Standard bungee retention flaps are available separately.

Got multiple weapons? Here`s a sample of how the Boar can adapt to your needs. Take the Boar in the M4 configuration, which will hold 8 mags. Then add the 7.62 back panel with KYWIs, and a 762 Back Panel with AK Flap Retainers. These back panels can be swapped out quickly and this would give you complete coverage for an M4, SR-25 and an AK system while keeping all your Molle support pouches up front universal. Since the front remains the same regardless of what mags you carry, you don`t have to move utility pouches from one rig to another, or buy multiple complete rig setups!

Specifications
Weight: 1 lb 4.4 oz
8x Magazine with optional 556 back panel
8x Magazine with optional 762 back panel
Can be had with Kywi or Bungee inserts
Available in BLK, CB, MC and RG
Padded Harness and Hydration Carrier available separately
The images on their site are the first generation, the one I received looked like this:

3x3 hook and loop on the front

I sprung for the Hydration Carrier option for the obvious reason (to hydrate) but also so I can place my Regulator Tab on the back.
3x8 hook and loop on the back

Fits the 2x8 back tab and I will custom buy (4)1x2 tabs for our sponsors underneath the back tab

I haven't tried this with T15 Mags yet, so I hope it will work as I planned!!

Gizmo 22nd January 2015 13:24

The T15 mags are 1:1 also so you should be good. Now that's a chest rig (not belly rig) Cap'n so get that thing up a bit. Also, if possible try not to use the last pouch on each side. They will be vary hard to reach in the heat of battle. I suggest you get a couple of 2x1 or piggyback pouches to hook onto the front PALS.

DeeLux 22nd January 2015 13:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gizmo (Post 30874)
The T15 mags are 1:1 also so you should be good. Now that's a chest rig (not belly rig) Cap'n so get that thing up a bit.

Perfect.
Haha, ok. I'll get that thing up higher!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gizmo (Post 30874)
Also, if possible try not to use the last pouch on each side. They will be vary hard to reach in the heat of battle. I suggest you get a couple of 2x1 or piggyback pouches to hook onto the front PALS.

Yeah, I had the option to only buy a six, but it wasn't that much of a cost difference between the two.
But yeah, heat of battle would be a pain.
Good idea for the 2x1, will be doing. Once I get an actual T15 and a bunch of Mags of course!

Thanks for the input Sergeant!

DeeLux 31st July 2015 14:04

New KCK goodies added to the chest rig, complete with new patches Mage will love!!!

My chest rig can now hold 14 mags and a spare 13ci tank.

Just need the T15 Mags to go in those lonely pockets!

Gizmo 31st July 2015 15:57

That's dope dude! Love my business card in the background .. oh yes, the vest, awesomeness!!

Carb 1st August 2015 12:31

That's sweet Brotha! Love it!

Are the t15 mags hard to find?

DeeLux 1st August 2015 14:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carb (Post 31702)
That's sweet Brotha! Love it!

Are the t15 mags hard to find?

Thanks Carb!

I read they had a supply problem first, then got laid up at customs I think from the dock strikes.

I hear in the next month they are hitting stores

DeeLux 15th April 2017 09:30

Carb,

This is what I ordered:

Quote:

Code
Item
ESS.520-0004
Esstac LBB (Load Bearing Boar) - MultiCam [Backpanel:8 x 556 Mags]
$220.00
^ ESS.531-0001
Esstac 556 Back Panel w/ KYWI (Boar Series) - Boar / Boar A1 Split Front (8 Mag)

Subtotal:
$220.00
Tax:
$0.00
Shipping Cost:
$5.00
Grand Total:
$225.00

Greyhound 15th April 2017 13:43

Where'd you get that small DeeLux tab? Also, what is KCK? and where you get that tank pouch and swab holder? Same place? I love asking you instead of searching.

Carb 17th April 2017 01:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeeLux (Post 33445)
Carb,

This is what I ordered:

Thanks Dee! Oh....could you answer GH when you get a chance too....lol!

This shit is getting expensive again, guess we have to evolve or die!